Alyssa & Steve's Excellent Adventure

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Flight(s) - By Steve

Not much to say, but it was NOT an easy trip. According to my stopwatch, it took about 33 hours to get from CT to New Zealand. NYC to LAX was easy in retrospect, we flew over the Grand Canyon at one point, and seeing clouds breaking over the Appalachians like waves over a sandcastle was really impressive. We spend several hours in LAX waiting for the flight to Auckland, and flew through the night. Alyssa slept a lot on that flight, but I only got about an hour of sleep. I didn't realize it until two days later, but I was fortunate enough to see the Southern Cross out the window at one point, but everyone was asleep so I didn't try to snap a photo. We arrived in Auckland at about 5AM local time which would be 11AM the day before in NY. It seems quite fitting that my first experience of a different country on the other side of the world should begin at sunrise.
(Frost on the plane window)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home