Alyssa & Steve's Excellent Adventure

Sunday, October 01, 2006

the boxer, the baby and the godmother: los angeles encased



LA provided some quick R&R during my journey.
I've always said this--Amy's house is like some secret haven, hidden behind bamboo and perhistoric plants. Although we may see all of the valley and mountains beyond from her balconies, the outside world seems barely a concern. We watched tons of movies including Hidalgo which was fantastic. Going shopping for the baby we both treated ourselves--she to sweaters and I to some very spectacular shoes that need to be shipped home (no doubt upon my return I'll question my reason for needing them!)

Even the apprehension of flying for such a long period of time dissapeared completely (until the ride the the airport). I believe that this break was essential as a baby step on my way to the southern hemisphere. The creature comforts certainly calmed my psyche.

Meeting Amy's new grandson was quite a trip...he is SO tiny! I have never seen a human being who was actually that small, and taking care of him went up into the list of new firsts.

On another note, I am still uncertain about how I want to formant this blog and being primarily a visual person, I may at times rely entirely on images to communicate my story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home